Are you interested in pursuing a career in health care?
AHEC Career Enhancement Scholars (ACES) is a competitive career planning program for high school students grades 9-12 and undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career as a physician, nurse, dentist, or other allied health profession. The program includes job shadowing, health care related community service, career exploration opportunities, and hands-on workshops.
ACES Comprehensive Program Includes:
- Hands-on Learning Activities
- Online Health Foundation Modules
- Service Learning Projects
- Job Shadowing and Volunteering in Health Facilities
- Comprehensive Individual Career Plan –
Enables Students to Prepare a Portfolio That Will Set Them Apart
Students participating in ACES:
- Will have a competitive edge in attaining their health care career goals.
- Have an increased awareness of a variety of health care fields
- Are more focused on their goals.
- Are the best prepared candidates for degree training in their chosen health care career field.
Here’s what students participating in ACES are saying:
“I’ve learned so much through this program and I’m so thankful I got to be a part of it. I’ve learned about almost all parts of the body and how they function. My most favorite thing to do was to dissect the minks and the eyeball.” – Makailya Pickrell, East Carter County High School
“I like ACES because it helps me get my foot in the door of the medical field and better figure out what medical profession I want to go in.” – Taylor Mayberry, South Iron County High School
Apply for ACES
We are currently recruiting for the ACES program. Follow the links below to download an application now!
ACES Renewal Application – For Returning ACES Students ONLY